Our career site features a responsive design making it easier for you to apply for jobs from any phone or tablet. View and apply for jobs with the City, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. You can also find easy ways to filter and sort our list of jobs, and share jobs with others in just seconds on social media or email. Additionally, our site is mobile and accessibility friendly.
A few notes about the application process:
- It is important that your application show all relevant education and experience you possess. Applications may be rejected if they are incomplete or note "see resume."
- Before submitting your application we strongly encourage you to review all of your information. Double check your contact information, once your application has been submitted it is not possible to change this information
- The City of Denton utilizes email as the primary form of notification throughout the selection process. Notices may be time sensitive and failure to respond may result in your application being removed from further consideration. After you apply, we encourage you to check your email for application notices.
- Applicants must satisfy all conditions of employment as outlined in the position announcement.
- Candidates selected for hire must pass a pre-employment drug screen prior to employment.
Applications are stored on a secure site. Only authorized employees and hiring authorities have access to the information submitted. Applicant is defined as those people who:
- Have applied for a specific, open position for which an employer is acting to fill.
- Meet the predefined, documented minimum requirements related to a specific, open position.
- Apply for the position during the period that the applicant flow log remains open.
- Comply with the hiring organization's formal requirements and procedures.
As of October 1, 2015 it is the policy of the City of Denton to prohibit the use of smoking tobacco products, smokeless tobacco products, and electronic cigarettes by City employees at all City worksites and on all City property while on duty, including buildings, vehicles, and equipment. For additional details please see Policy 108.03 Use of Tobacco Products and Electronic Cigarettes.