Clear Creek Natural Heritage Center
Denton, TX 76208
Inspire environmental citizenship through an understanding of the natural heritage of north central Texas by providing nature experiences, education and research programs, and conservation and restoration projects.
The Clear Creek Natural Heritage Center will:
- Promote environmental citizenship
- Provide a place for people to interact and connect with nature
- Be a model of integrated learning for environmental, outdoor and experiential learning
- Provide a leading example of conservation and ecosystem restoration projects
- Be an educational, recreational and cultural resource for all people
The CCNHC serves as a gateway to the approximately 2900 acres comprised of rare bottomland habitat, surprisingly diverse flora and fauna, all surrounding the confluence of Clear Creek and the Elm Fork of the Trinity River.
Please help the City of Denton plan for the future of this incredible resource by participating in the Clear Creek Natural Heritage Center Community Survey. Please note, your responses will not be shared publicly, but a comprehensive report of the findings from the survey will be published on the City website and used to help guide the Master Plan Update for Clear Creek Natural Heritage Center.
Click on Icon Below
Questions or concerns regarding CCNHC can be sent to email@example.com
Information and Resources
CCNHC Directions [PDF]
Field Guide [PDF]
Visit our Facebook page for Clear Creek Natural Heritage Center for updates on trails and events.