Code Enforcement / Property Maintenance

The City of Denton works with residents and businesses to preserve the health, beauty, safety, and property values of the community.

To achieve this goal, Community Improvement Services addresses property maintenance violations such as tall grass and weeds, trash and debris, junk vehicles, illegal outside storage, and dilapidated structures.

Assistance from Other Denton Departments

The following issues are not addressed by Community Improvement Services. To ensure the fastest response to your complaint(s) we recommend you contact these departments directly:

Animal Services Department (Phone: 940-349-7594)

  • Animal Complaints
  • Barking Dogs (During Office Hours)

Denton Police Department (Phone: 940-349-8181)

  • Noise Complaints (Report these complaints while they are occurring.)
  • Vagrancy/Homeless Trespassing
  • Cars Parked on the Street

Building Inspections Office (Phone: 940-349-8360)

  • Work without Permits
  • Buildings without Utility Services
  • Zoning Issues

Development Services Department (Phone: 940-349-8360)

  • Work without Permits
  • Illegal Land Use
  • Too Many People Living in a Building
  • Garage Sales
  • Commercial Signage on Private Property

Streets Department (Phone: 940-349-7160)

  • Damaged Streets/Sidewalks
View All