Community Development implements programs and projects that strengthen families and neighborhoods by partnering with human service agencies.
Sign up for the Community Services email list to stay up to date on programming and funding opportunities!
Notice of Funding Opportunity:
Homelessness Solutions Funding
The City of Denton supports critical homeless response tools that strengthen the county-wide Housing Crisis Response System. Street Outreach is a valuable tool in our system that ensures people living unsheltered are connected to shelter, permanent housing and supportive services. Applications are open through August 1 for the City’s annual Street Outreach grant.
Eligible applicants must be:
- 501(c)3 nonprofits in operation for more than two years,
- Providing services to people experiencing homelessness
- Currently using Denton County’s Homeless Management Information System Database and actively participating in the Denton County Coordinated Entry Process
- Currently participating in monthly Case Conferencing through the Denton County Homelessness Leadership Team
- Applicants must be available for a brief presentation to the Community Services Advisory Committee Friday, August 12, at 12 p.m.
- 2022-2023 City of Denton Street Outreach Grant Application, up to $128,450 available
Services We Provide
First-time home buyers, home owners with home repair needs and renters in need of rental assistance may find resources to help. Housing Programs managed by Community Development include:
Housing Assistance Services
The City works with several partners who provide housing assistance services:
- Denton Housing Authority offers rental assistance, call 940-383-1504.
- Denton Affordable Housing Corporation offers ADA properties to rent, call 940-484-7048
- Habitat for Humanity of Denton County constructs, rehabilitates, and preserves homes
How We Help
The City of Denton is committed to improving the lives of our residents. By leveraging local, state and federal funding, the Community Development division provides support to human service programs, public facility projects and housing projects serving low-to-moderate-income City of Denton residents.
The City of Denton will provide $722,250 of financial assistance in 2021-2022 to support various human service projects in Denton County. The direct financial support to each of the local human service agencies will aid in the stability of their assistance programs.
Community Development Block Grant
The City of Denton utilizes Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnership Program funding to revitalize neighborhoods and provide safe, stable housing in low-to-moderate-income areas in the city limits of Denton. In the 2021-2022 program year, the City of Denton will provide $1,929,178 in financial assistance to support facility improvements and affordable housing projects that serve low-income households.