Customer Service

Leak Adjustments

City of Denton water customers who have experienced high bills due to a water leak may be eligible for a partial billing adjustment (reduction) of excess charges. If a customer has experienced any loss of billed water due to a failure of a plumbed line or fixture, they may be eligible for a partial billing adjustment of up to 100,000 gallons of excess usage. Leaks should be repaired within one month of detection and customers must apply within 60 days after the repair was made. See the Water and Sewer Leak Adjustment Program Flyer for program specifics and eligibility requirements, or call (940) 349-8700 to speak with a Customer Service Representative. Submit a request for a leak adjustment.

Request Service / Disconnection

To request service or disconnection, call Customer Service at (940) 349-8700. The deaf and hearing impaired may contact the City by phone by calling the Texas Relay Service (TDD) at (800) 735-2989 and connecting to Customer Service at (940) 349-8700.

Reporting Incidents

Call (940) 349-7000 if you are reporting a utilities-related incident that requires immediate attention, such as:

  • A power outage
  • Downed electrical poles or wires
  • A water main break
  • A clogged or overflowing sewer main
  • A leaking water meter or hydrant

Critical Care Program

Residential accounts whose home includes a permanent resident with a physician diagnosis of dependency on an electric powered medical device to sustain life or who requires electric heating or cooling to prevent the impairment of a major life function through a significant deterioration or exacerbation of the person’s medical condition may qualify for inclusion in our Critical Care program. 

In the event of payment issues, program participants receive extra measures of contact to attempt to resolve any account issues prior to interruption of service. 

Designation as a chronic condition or critical care residential customer does not relieve a customer of the obligation to pay for electric services, and service may be disconnected for failure to pay.  Chronic condition or critical care residential customer status does not guarantee an uninterrupted, regular, or continuous power supply.  If electricity is a necessity, customers must make other arrangements for on-site back-up capabilities or other alternatives in the event of loss of electric service.

Please be aware that prepaid service accounts cannot participate in the program as interruption and restoration of services are automated.

Download the application and medical certification form.

For questions about the form, call the City of Denton Customer Service Department during normal business hours at (940) 349-8700.