The City of Denton fiscal year begins on October 1 each year and rebate funds, if approved by City Council, are available on a first-come-first-come-serve basis and are not reserved. Funds may be exhausted before the end of the fiscal year, which may result in unavailable funds for solar projects. Projects permitted or installed after current year funds are exhausted are not eligible for a rebate.
Programs and incentives are only available to City of Denton customers who receive DME service.
Current rebate fund balances:
|Rebate Type: ||Amount funded:||Balance:|
Solar Rebate Program
- All applications are submitted through the City’s Building Safety Division. DME no longer accepts solar applications.
- Applicants will create their permit through eTRAKiT.
- To familiarize yourself with the permitting process, please follow our eTRAKiT Guide (PDF) or email the City’s Building Safety Division or call (940) 349-8360.
- Applications submitted before October 1, 2022 will not receive a rebate.
- The City of Denton is committed to providing a timely review of solar PV permit applications. Best efforts are made to review completed residential solar permit applications within three business days. This turnaround time is typical, not guaranteed.
- If you have questions pertaining to the solar rebate program, email DME or call (940) 349-7595.