DME Residential Customers
Due to COVID-19, energy and water audits are currently on hold. Please check this page for further updates.
Free in-Home Energy Audits
Want to lower your electric usage but don't know where to start?
A certified energy auditor will utilize diagnostic tools to reveal thermal flaws in your home. Participants receive a detailed report, including prioritized recommendations for improving energy efficiency. Types of diagnostic tools used include:
- Blower Door Test: auditors use blower door tests to help determine a home's air tightness
- Thermal Imaging: a thermal imaging camera, in conjunction with a blower door test can quickly identify thermal flaws in your home's shell
Email Denton Municipal Electric Rebates or call 940-349-7733 to schedule your free energy audit.
Energy Efficiency Incentives
The GreenSense Incentive Program rewards customers in good standing who perform qualifying energy-efficiency improvements in their homes or businesses. The program is a great way for residential, retail, and small commercial customers to use energy more efficiently. For more information you may:
- Access the GreenSense Brochure (PDF)
- View the GreenSense Manual (PDF)
- Have a look at a List of Registered Installers (PDF)
- Email Denton Municipal Electric Rebates
- Call 940-349-7733
Access the following applications to get started:
Solar Installation Incentive
All single-family and multifamily property owners within DME's service area are eligible to receive a solar incentive in accordance with the provisions in the Distributed Generation Manual.
For more information you may:
- Access the Distributed Generation Manual (PDF)
- View the Solar Program FAQs (PDF)
- Email the Solar Rebate Program
- Call 940-349-7595
Protect yourself from unethical selling practices. Solar rebates are now available, and companies are flooding to Denton to sell as many solar systems as possible. Before purchasing a solar system:
- Be aware of solar companies claiming to be DME partners; DME and the City of Denton do not partner with solar companies
- Be alert of emails, calls, texts, or door-to-door salespeople requesting personal information; do not provide personal information if you don't trust the source
- Be leery of any offers that pressure you to send information, money, or sign documents
Report unethical and suspicious practices to the Better Business Bureau at 214-220-2000 and by emailing DME.