Home Chemical Collection
All Denton residents have access to home chemical collection services. This service takes unused chemicals, expired batteries, and burned-out light bulbs that need to be disposed of properly to avoid contaminating our water supplies and landfills. Items collected will be reused, recycled, or properly disposed.
Note: home chemical collection services are for City of Denton residents only.
The Home Chemical Collection facility is open for in-person disposal as of June 14, 2021. Schedule a curbside collection by calling (940) 349-8700 between 8 am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Please note that chemicals set out without a scheduled pickup will not be collected.
How to Prepare Chemicals for Collection or Drop-off
- Chemicals must be in their original labeled containers, except used motor oil and cooking oil
- Collect oil in a container with a screw-top lid
- Container size limit of 10 gallons (liquid) or 50 pounds (dry weight) per collection
- Aerosol cans
- Automotive fluids and fuels
- Batteries of all kinds
- Glues and epoxies
- Household cleaners
- Lawn and garden items including fertilizer, pesticides and weed killers
- Lightbulbs of all kinds
- Paint of all kinds
- Pool chemicals and additives
- Used motor oil and used cooking oil (screw top lid)
- Vanishes, strippers, turpentine and stains
- Ammunition and explosives
- Chemicals not in original containers
- Commercial waste
- Compressed gas
- Medical waste
- Nuclear/radioactive waste
- Pharmaceuticals (contact your local pharmacy for drug disposal options)
- Propane and butane cylinders
- Tires and trash
- Unidentified chemicals
Home Chemical ReUse Store
Many of the items collected through the City of Denton Home Chemical Center are still usable, and are available to other residents at no charge. If an item is available in most stores, is in good condition, and at least half-full, we place it on our shelves at the ReUse Store. Examples of items available at the ReUse store include paints, household cleaners, and lawn and garden chemicals.
The ReUse Store is open to all City residents, at no charge. Residents can collect up to four items per day.