In case of an emergency, call 911.
In non-emergency situations, call 940-349-8181 or file a police report online below. When you call the non-emergency number, you can request that an officer respond in person, or in some cases, request that an officer return your call instead. Use Engage Denton to report an incident that is not related to public safety.
Before You Begin
Please answer the following to determine if an online police report is the best reporting method:
- Is this an emergency?
- Is this incident currently in progress?
- Did the incident occur outside the city limits of Denton, Texas?
- Do you have suspect information that should be promptly investigated?
- Is there physical evidence that needs to be collected?
You are ready to file your police report online if you answered no to all of the above questions.
If you answered yes to any of the questions, please call 911 for emergencies, or call the non-emergency line at 940-349-8181 if the incident took place in Denton.
- All incidents reported online will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your incident is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.