- Get Involved
- Summer Youth Jobs Program
Summer Youth Jobs Program
The Summer Youth Jobs Program strives to provide meaningful job experiences for local high school students and recent high school graduates of Denton. Through the program, participants will have access to job skills training, career development resources, mentorship opportunities, and fulfilling work experience that will create opportunities for personal and professional advancement.
- Youth Are Valued: Young people can be extremely valuable assets in the workplace by providing significant contributions to the labor force and providing a different perspective.
- Youth Should Be Empowered: Providing summer jobs and mentorship to young people provides the necessary impetus to encourage positive personal and career advancement.
- Opportunity for All: All young people should have access to the tools they need to succeed, regardless of their race, religion, socioeconomic status, or background.
The 2023 Summer Youth Jobs Program application process is now open until April 14, 2023.
City of Denton Program
In the City of Denton Program, participants are provided with eight weeks of paid job experience in a City department. Previous year's participants had jobs at the Linda McNatt Animal Care and Adoption Center, Engineering, Finance, Human Resources, Library, Parks, Fire, and Sustainability.
To learn more about the City of Denton Program, email Kendra Williams or call at (940) 349-8095.
- Must be a Denton resident.
- Must be between the ages of 16 and 21 (some positions may have more specific age requirements). Must be enrolled in high school or graduating from high school in June 2023.
- Must be a legal resident of the United States.
- Must have a driver's license or other government-issued photo identification.
- Must pass background check and/or drug screen (as required by individual employers).