Bonnie Brae Street
The 2019 Bond Program provides funding for Bonnie Brae Phases V, VI, and VII to widen approximately three miles of Bonnie Brae Street from Scripture Street to Loop 288 and build a continuous four lane divided road along this route.
The bond program provides matching funds for Phases V, VI, and VII, which are parts of a larger reconstruction and widening project for Bonnie Brae. Phases I, II, III, and IV are either complete or currently underway and will widen the road from Vintage Boulevard to Scripture Street.
Project Maps (Print / GIS)
- Project Funding Calculation: $27,000,000
The funding amount is inclusive of:
- Performance incentive costs
- Rights-of-way acquisition
The funding amount is an engineering estimate of City of Denton costs at project completion, taking into account contributions from other governmental jurisdictions.
Completion of the project is expected to result in a reduction in current traffic congestion. The project may also reduce future congestion expected in the Bonnie Brae corridor, particularly those areas adjacent to the planned construction of a new Denton High School at 3001 Bronco Way.
Phase V: Scripture to U.S. Highway (U.S.) 380
- Estimated Project Start: March 2023
- Estimated Project End: February 2025
Phase VI: U.S. 380 to U.S. 77
- Estimated Project Start: March 2019
- Estimated Project End: February 2022
Phase VII: U.S. 77 to Loop 288
- Estimated Project Start: January 2024
- Estimated Project End: June 2026