Community Tree Giveaway
The Community Tree Giveaway is an annual drive-thru event that provides free trees to Denton residents each October, and is Denton's largest and longest-running tree giveaway!
To learn more, view the Annual Community Tree Giveaway Frequently Asked Questions (PDF).
Registration opens Tuesday, October 4 at 10 a.m.
Don't miss registration! Sign up for email notifications to receive updates from Keep Denton Beautiful.
- Limited to City of Denton residents; proof of residency required a pick-up
- Limit of one tree per household
- First come, first served while supplies last
- Must pick up on Oct. 22 - If you are unable to pick up your tree, please do not register.
Trees Are Terrific!
Planting new trees enhances Denton's urban canopy and helps our city thrive! Trees are vital for sustainable community growth, economic vitality, and public health.
Denton needs new trees to:
- Increase property values
- Boost consumer spending
- Encourage outdoor physical activity
- Beautify neighborhoods and public spaces
- Lower energy consumption of homes and businesses
A total of 700 trees are available, with seven different species offered, all of which are drought-tolerant, and native or well-adapted for Denton soils and climate.
- Brandywine Maple
- Loblolly Pine
- Mexican Sycamore
- Purpleblow Maple
- Roughleaf Dogwood
- Texas Redbud