- Information: Also known as Single Family Residential (SFR). Lot must be platted prior to building permit issuance. Please see Section 7.10.3 of the Denton Development Code (DDC) for design requirements for new construction, and Section 3.2 for zoning requirements (minimum setbacks and maximum lot coverage). Please note, a minimum 900 square feet is required for heated floor areas for main structure.
- Submittal Requirements: Residential Application (PDF), Engineered Foundation plans and letter, Energy Compliance Path Form (PDF) and Compliance Report, Site Plan, Building plans, framing plans and Wind Bracing Plans. See Residential Submittal Requirements (PDF) for more information.
- Plan Submittal: Single Family Residential must be applied for online through the City of Denton eTRAKiT Portal.
- Inspections Required: Please see our Inspections list. Email us with all applicable inspection documents. These would include form surveys, final drainage surveys, special inspections, energy test forms, etc.
- Fees: See our Fee Schedule (PDF) for more information. Please note that water impact fees, sewer impact fees, and roadway impact fees will apply in conjunction to the building permit.
Residential Energy Code Final Testing Form
Residential Energy Compliance Path Plan Review Certificate