The Internal Audit Advisory Committee assists the City Auditor and City Council by providing advice on audit activities and governance such as:
- The content of the Annual Internal Audit Plan;
- Application of adopted auditing standards; and
- The design of Internal Audit Department procedures.
The Committee also monitors the Internal Audit Department's performance to further promote transparency and accountability, including:
- Reviewing Annual Internal Audit Plan progress;
- Ensuring transmission of audit reports to the City Council and the public; and
- Ensuring follow-up on reported findings to assure corrective action is taken by management.
The Internal Audit Advisory Committee is not responsible for overseeing or investigating any fraud, waste, or abuse complaints received by the Internal Audit Department.
Apply to the Internal Audit Advisory Committee.
Committee Composition and Knowledge Preferences
The Internal Audit Advisory Committee is composed of four Denton citizens with the City Auditor serving an ex-officio, non-voting member of the Committee. Individuals currently or recently employed by the City of Denton or serving as a City Council member, or those related to City of Denton employees or City Council members are disqualified from service.
Preference in appointments to the Committee shall be given to individuals in professional fields such as:
- Public administration;
- Risk management; and
- Educators of such knowledge.