Contracts & Procurement Transparency
The Purchasing Division is responsible for facilitating organizational purchases through the solicitation and selection of vendors, negotiation of contracts, and execution of purchase agreements in accordance with all applicable laws. As part of service excellence, the city strives to follow transparency protocols in the Transparency Stars Program as outlined by the State Comptroller of Public Accounts.
|Total Procurement and Contracting Spending*
|Procurement and Contracting Spending Per Capita**
|Publicly Posted Bidding and Contracting Opportunities (invitation for bids and request for proposals)
|Closed Solicitations (IFB, RFP, RFQ)||164|
|Awarded Contracts (IFB, RFP, RFQ, Coop, Sole Source, Pre-qualified PSA)
|Dollar Amount of Bids Received from Invitations to Bid and Requests for Proposals Awarded
|Dollar Amount of Contracts Awarded from Invitations to Bid and Requests for Proposals
*Total procurement and contracting spending includes all purchases made via Purchase Orders (POs)
**Based on a population of 148,146 as of 2022 Census
Authorized expenditures represent all types of POs authorized by the Purchasing Division. These POs are created from a variety of approved purchasing practices including: awarded and competitively bid contracts, a three quote process, field POs, and approved procurement exempt purchases. Actual expenditures represent all vouchered purchases made via all types of POs during the indicated fiscal year. Timing differences in the procurement process may lead to PO authorization in one fiscal year and spending in the following fiscal year. This commonly occurs with Capital Projects.
- Bid Documents
- Current Bids
- Closed Bids
- Awarded Bids
- Intent to Award – Regular City Council meetings and work sessions are open to the public and agendas are posted 72 hours in advance of the meetings.
- Contract Repository – All active and expired contracts. Folder includes bid documents, evaluation tab, and contract documents including any amendments.
- Check Register
- Bidding Opportunities - All open and closed solicitations from June 2019 to September 2022
- Texas Local Government Code Chapter 252
- Texas Local Government Code Chapter 271
- Texas Local Government Code Chapter 2254
- Texas Local Government Code Chapter 2269
901 B Texas St.
Denton, TX 76209