The Denton Police Department is proud to offer Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) training to women in our community. For more than 20 years, this self-defense course has been taught by Denton police officers who are certified RAD instructors. Please check this page or our social media pages to learn when our next class is available. Class size is limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Next RAD Course
- Check back for updates and registration availability!
- Hosted at the Denton Public Safety Training Center
- Fee: $10. Payment reserves your spot in class and covers the cost of the mandatory course manual.
- This is a basic course in confrontation principles for women only.
- Students should be at least 16 years of age. If a potential student is younger than 16 and will attend with either her mother or parental figure, please inquire with the lead instructor.
- RAD is 12 hours total, generally taught over the course of four weeks (e.g., four Mondays in a row).
- Classes involve both lecture and physical activity.
- Dress comfortably; workout clothes are encouraged.
- All physical activity is optional. Students are not required to participate in anything that makes them uncomfortable.
- Feel free to bring something to eat or drink.