The Denton City Council adopted the City’s Fiscal Year 2022-23 budget and tax rate on Sept. 27, 2022.
After months of deliberation and public input through online and over-the-phone comments from residents, the Denton City Council adopted a budget for the 2022-23 fiscal year on Sept. 27, 2022. The FY 22-23 adopted budget includes a tax rate of $0.560 per $100 of valuation. The budget also includes no water rate increase for the average residential customer following the decreased water rate in FY 21-22 and continues the trend of no increases to Wastewater, Solid Waste, and Electric rates over the past five years.
The following key focus areas are the guiding decision for the FY 22-23 annual budget:
- Pursue Organizational excellence and collaborative & respectful leadership
- Enhance Infrastructure and Mobility
- Foster Economic Opportunity and Affordability
- Strengthen Community and Quality of Life
- Support healthy and safe communities
- Promote sustainability and the environment