Your Heart is one of the most important organs in your body. Here are some easy tips to keep your heart healthy and ticking all year long!
1. Get Moving - Working out 150 minutes a week of aerobic activity is optimal, but getting off the couch is a great start to getting active.
2. Lose Weight - Losing even just 5 lbs can help lower your blood pressure, meaning your heart doesn't have to work as hard to do its job.
3. Eat Fresh - Replacing even one meal a week with something fresh can do wonders for your heart. Start small, try adding carrots or celery to your snacking routine.
4. Stop Smoking - Smoking affects how your heart functions and can cause damage to your blood vessels.
5. Talk to your Doctor - Regular screenings can keep
6. Don’t Stress - Managing stress can do wonders for your heart as well as your mental health
With all these tips, start small. Creating healthy habits is more important than drastic changes. You want these changes to stick. Start with something fun: go for a walk around your neighborhood, join a Zumba or Yoga class, or try a new recipe.
Secondly, Don’t go at it alone! Not only does it help to have someone to keep you accountable, you can also use it as an incentive to try harder with friendly competition!