The 2023 Utility Customer Survey is complete and available to view. The City of Denton will use these results to help improve our future planning and deliver the best utility services possible to our community.
DENTON, TX, June 23, 2023 – The 2023 Utility Customer Survey is complete and available to view. This survey assessed our customers’ opinions on several components of our water, wastewater, solid waste, recycling, and electric services. Questions asked customers their thoughts on quality, affordability, reliability, and customer services. This survey is the first in what is expected to be a regular comprehensive utility survey that occurs every two years.
The survey results showed that residents appreciate the value they receive in their utilities. Highlights include:
- The quality of electric service, water and wastewater services, and solid waste and recycling services were well-rated by in Denton. Electric service was the top-rated utility, with 93% of the respondents rating it as excellent or good. Water and wastewater services were rated at 90%, while trash and recycling received ratings of 85% for the same measure.
- Respondents were asked to rate the reliability of Denton Municipal Electric’s service, and a response rate of nine in ten customers rated it as excellent or good.
- The reliability of the water service and the quality of the information provided in water customer communications were the top-rated water service attributes, with about nine in ten customers rating each of these as excellent or good.
- Eight in ten residents thought it was essential or very important for the City of Denton to make stormwater mitigation improvements, with over half of customers most highly prioritized maintaining the stormwater drainage system.
- As with electric and water services, the reliability of residential solid waste and recycling services was ranked at the top of the service’s attributes, along with the reliability of yard waste & brush service and bulky waste service. About nine in ten customers rated all three as excellent or good.
- During the last 12 months, two-thirds of Denton’s utility customers contacted the City’s customer service department at least once. Customers were highly satisfied with the response given by the City of Denton utilities customer service staff. At least nine in ten respondents gave excellent or good ratings to the courtesy of the employees, the overall impression they made, their knowledge, their responsiveness, and the timeliness of the response.
The City worked with National Community Survey (NCS) to mail nearly 3,000 surveys to randomly selected residential customers in April 2023 and received a 13% response rate. Click here to view the results through our Community Benchmark Surveys webpage.
We are very appreciative of those customers who participated in the survey and provided valuable feedback. The City of Denton will use these results to help improve our future planning and deliver the best utility services possible to our community.
Visit www.cityofdenton.com for more news and to stay updated.