What can I expect when a company is going perform activities in my area?

An operator must provide written notice to all dwellings within 1,000 feet of the boundary site not more than 30 days or less than 10 days from the start of activities, including drilling, completion or re-completion, P&A, any other activity that requires removal of the wellhead, or seismic exploration not involving explosive charges.

A sign must be posted at the entrance of the site giving the public notice. More details can be found in the Gas Well Notification Requirements (PDF).

Electronic notice to the City is also required and is posted and found through the Gas Well Locator Map.

Show All Answers

1. Can someone else own the minerals underneath my property? How can I tell if I own my minerals?
2. Does the City offer assistance or advice to property owners regarding mineral leases?
3. How can I find out if a natural gas well permit has been obtained near my property?
4. How can I register a complaint or contact an inspector?
5. How is gas well drilling and production regulated in Texas?
6. What role does the City of Denton have in gas well permitting and regulation?
7. What are the stormwater requirements for gas wells?
8. How many wells are located in Denton?
9. How long is the gas well active or producing?
10. What is the oil and gas drilling disclaimer?
11. What can I expect when a company is going perform activities in my area?
12. What can I expect when a company is going to drill in my area?
13. What emergency plans are in place in case of an accident?
14. What happens to the well after production?
15. What is a blow out and what is a blow out preventer (BOP)?
16. What is a mineral lease?
17. How is natural gas transported?
18. What is fracturing or completing with hydraulic horsepower?
19. What is seismic exploration, and what will I notice when it is performed?
20. What is the Barnett Shale?