To maintain the overall health of our transportation network, several traffic safety improvements measures, including new traffic signal light and traffic upgrades, will be installed at the following intersections:
- Mckinney Street and Woodrow Street
- Loop 288 and Mckinney Street
- Loop 288 and Sherman Drive
- Hercules Street and Locust Street
- Nottingham Drive and University Drive/US 380
On Thursday, April 8, City staff hosted a virtual community meeting regarding the 2019 Intersection Improvement project. Click here to watch the meeting replay
The City of Denton will hold a Virtual Community Meeting on Thursday, April 8, regarding traffic safety improvement upgrades as part of the 2019 Intersection Improvements Capital Improvement Project (CIP).
The City will host the virtual community meeting to provide residents and property owners the opportunity to:
- Receive an update on the 2019 Intersection Improvements CIP;
- Receive an update on the construction timeline, expected traffic impacts for the 2019 Intersection Improvements; and
- Address additional concerns from community members.
The meeting will be hosted online using a remote format through the video-conferencing interface Zoom. Instructions on how to attend and participate in the virtual meeting are listed HERE.
For more details on virtual community meetings, visit www.cityofdenton.com/virtualcommunitymeeting
Click Here to Attend the Upcoming Virtual Community Meeting.
In preparation for construction, materials are being ordered to begin the intersection improvements at the above intersections. The Project Manager and Contractor are currently finalizing the construction timeline for this project.
Construction activities for this project are expected to begin in early 2021. The project was recently awarded to Quality Excavation with an expected 90 day construction timeline. Construction is tentatively scheduled to be complete by summer 2021.