[Skip to page content]
City of Denton logo stacked
X icon

  • Traffic and Parking Tickets

    Traffic tickets issued by the Denton, UNT, and TWU Police Departments are handled through the City of Denton Municipal Court located at 601 E. Hickory St, Suite D, Denton, TX 76205.  

    Municipal Court Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. excluding City holidays 
    Phone Number: (940) 349-8331 
    Email: DentonMunicipalCourt@cityofdenton.com  

  • Planning a Parade or Event

    The Denton Police Department Special Events Coordinator assists in the planning and execution of street closures, parades, political protests, and other events requiring a law enforcement presence. All Denton police officers working at an event are governed by department policy to ensure that a professional service is provided.  

    Special Events Coordinator: Sgt. Tony Salas (940) 349-8109 

    Additional information about planning a special event can be found here: 
    Plan a Special Event 

  • Alarm Permits

    An alarm permit is required for all alarm systems operated within the City, both monitored and non-monitored audible alarms. The permit is good for one year from the month of issue and costs $5 annually. Please complete an application and submit it to the City of Denton Police Department located at 601 E. Hickory St., Suite E. 

    Download the application form 

  • Solicitor and Itinerant Merchant Permits
    Solicitors, handbill distributors, and itinerant merchants are required to obtain a permit to conduct such business within the city limits. The Denton Police Department reviews these applications and issues the permits.

    Download the application form