[Skip to page content]
City of Denton logo stacked
X icon

The City of Denton works with residents and businesses to preserve the health, beauty, safety, and property values of the community.

To achieve this goal, Community Improvement Services addresses property maintenance violations such as tall grass and weeds, trash and debris, junk vehicles, illegal outside storage, and dilapidated structures. 

The following issues are not addressed by Community Improvement Services. To ensure the fastest response to your complaint(s) we recommend you contact these departments directly:
Animal Services Department (940) 349-7594
  • Animal Complaints
  • Barking Dogs (During Office Hours)
Denton Police Department (940) 349-8181
  • Noise Complaints (Report these complaints while they are occurring.)
  • Vagrancy/Homeless Trespassing
  • Cars Parked on the Street
Building Inspections Office (940) 349-8360
  • Work without Permits
  • Buildings without Utility Services
  • Zoning Issues
Development Services Department (940) 349-8360
  • Work without Permits
  • Illegal Land Use
  • Too Many People Living in a Building
  • Garage Sales
  • Commercial Signage on Private Property
Streets Department (940) 349-7160
  • Damaged Streets/Sidewalks

Common Maintenance Violations

Follow these guidelines to avoid common violations, and contact us for more information.

Contact Us

location icon
Visit Us
401 N. Elm St. Denton, TX 76201
phone icon
Call Us
(940) 349-8743