Due to COVID-19, the status for the 2020 Teen Council is still unsure. We will update when we know more.
Our mission is to inspire teens from all backgrounds to become active members of their community and make a difference. Our goal is to show teens new perspectives on their role in the community and youth-related issues through research, peer discussions, and community interactions.
Benefits of Teen Council:
- Ages 13-18 years old and/or grades 8-12 during the 2020-21 school year
- Open to students residing in the City of Denton and/or in the DISD
- Must be able to attend meetings from October 2020 to May 2019; second and fourth Tuesday of each month, excluding DISD holidays
Application and Parental Consent:
- Represent your community
- Obtain insight on how community issues and concerns are addressed
- Gain opportunities and experience leading different projects
- Leave a footprint for others to follow
Annual Schedule and Expectations
- Application can be submitted online or via hardcopy
- Includes and requires consent via an annual participation waiver
- Includes parent consent for occasional event transportation, as needed
- Include marketing/outreach photo and social media release
Teen Council Structure:
- Second and Fourth Tuesday of each month
- Executive meeting, 5:30-6 p.m. and regular meeting, 6-7 p.m.
- Meeting dates: TBA
- Tentative dates for community service, fundraising, and event opportunities will be discussed in the first the month
- Teen Council will be led by Jennifer Eusse, Rec Supervisor
- Teen Council will be comprised of middle School and high school teens
- Teen Council will include an opportunity for members to volunteer to serve in an executive role, including but not limited to president, vice-president, secretary, photo journalists, social media editors and contributors