North Lakes Dog Park
808 W Windsor Dr. | 7 a.m.-10 p.m.
This dog park will be next to the Denton Animal Shelter, with parking off of Windsor Dr. Parking is behind the recycling center. While construction remains on Windsor Dr., you can access the lot off of Riney Rd. Or, park in the Vela Athletic Complex.
A grand opening for the park will be in spring 2020.
To see an animated rendering of the park, please click here.
Wiggly Field Dog Park
Located in Lake Forest Park at 1760 E. Ryan Rd., the park offers separate fenced areas for large dogs and small/shy dogs, human and pet drinking fountains, and paved parking; no restrooms.
Closed for maintenance every Wednesday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for mowing and maintenance.
Dogs must be licensed and display current rabies vaccination tags. If Denton resident, must have a current city registration tag issued by Animal Control. Dogs are NOT allowed off leash anywhere other than the fenced off area. Closed during, and following, inclement weather.
General Rules: Disclaimer
The City of Denton assumes no responsibility for the behavior of other park users, or the dogs accompanying them. Park users and dog handlers waive liability to the City for any injury or damage caused to or by pets while using the park and therefore assume all risk related to the dog park use and are solely liable for damage and injury inflicted by their dog(s). By bringing a dog into the park, the dog handler certifies that their dog(s) have been properly inoculated (free of contagious conditions, diseases, parasites). All other general park rules and City ordinances must be obeyed. People who violate the dog park rules are subject to removal from the dog park and may be prohibited from future use of the dog park. Small/shy dog area is designated for dogs/puppies weighing 29 pounds or less and extremely shy/older dogs. Large dog area is for dogs/puppies weighing 30 pounds or more.
- Dogs showing signs of aggression toward people or other dogs including excessive barking
- Entering the dog park if dog is under the age of 4 months, in heat, sick, or possess fresh wounds
- Professional dog trainers conducting business
- Dog grooming
- Children running with or chasing dogs
- Bringing human or dog food/treats and glass containers within the fenced area
- Immediately remove their dog(s) if exhibiting a prohibited behavior
- Close gates upon entering and exiting fenced in areas
- Stay within the dog park and within view of their dog(s) and have voice control over their dog(s) at all times
- Possess a visible leash at all times
- Immediately remove and dispose of canine fecal materials. Waste disposal materials and receptacles are provided
- Fill any holes their dog(s) dig
- Remove dog’s leash, spiked collar, or pinch collar upon entering the fenced in areas
- Limit themselves to two dogs per person per visit
- Display current rabies vaccination tags and, if a current Denton resident, present City of Denton Animal Services issued tag
- Certify their dog(s) have been properly inoculated (free of contagious conditions, diseases, parasites)
- Children under the age of 10 years are prohibited from entering the fenced dog park area
- Children between the ages 10-16 years old must be accompanied by an adult, who agrees to be solely responsible for the child’s proper behavior and safet
Code of ordinances, City of Denton, Texas, chapter 22, Parks and Recreation and chapter 6, Animals. For additional information, call (940) 349-7275