The City of Denton landfill is located at 1527 S. Mayhill Rd.
The weigh station at the Denton Municipal Landfill only accepts credit and debit card payments.
Disposal rates can be found in the 2020-2021 Solid Waste and Recycling Utility Rate Book.
Hours of Operation
Monday-Saturday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Customers will be assessed an additional fee upon exiting the landfill after closing time.
- Jan. 1, 2021 - Closed
- Jan. 18, 2021 - Open 7 a.m. to noon
- May 31, 2021 - Open 7 a.m. to noon
- July 5, 2021 - Open 7 a.m. to noon
- Sept. 6, 2021 - Open 7 a.m. to noon
- Nov. 25, 2021 - Closed
- Nov. 26, 2021 - Open 7 a.m. to noon
- Dec. 24, 2021 - Open 7 a.m. to noon
- Dec. 25, 2021 - Closed
Weigh Station Policies
- Must provide a valid driver's license or state-issued identification card.
- All loads must be tarped or tied down, unsecured loads will be charged a $20 fee.
- Prohibited items: all liquids (including paint); batteries; hazardous, bio-hazardous, and radioactive waste.
- You must provide your City of Denton utility bill and driver’s license to be eligible for the resident gate rate.