The City of Denton landfill is located at 1527 S. Mayhill Rd. Click here for disposal rates.
Effective Monday, April 6, 2020, the weigh station at the Denton Municipal Landfill will only accept credit and debit card payment while COVID-19 precautions are necessary. This new policy helps protect the health and safety of our customers and our staff. We appreciate your understanding during this difficult time.
Hours of Operation
Monday-Saturday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Customers will be assessed an additional fee upon exiting the landfill after closing time.
- Jan. 1, 2021 - Closed
- Jan. 18, 2021 - Open 7 a.m. to noon
- May 31, 2021 - Open 7 a.m. to noon
- July 5, 2021 - Open 7 a.m. to noon
- Sept. 6, 2021 - Open 7 a.m. to noon
- Nov. 25, 2021 - Closed
- Nov. 26, 2021 - Open 7 a.m. to noon
- Dec. 24, 2021 - Open 7 a.m. to noon
- Dec. 25, 2021 - Closed
Weigh Station Policies
- Must provide a valid driver's license or state-issued identification card.
- All loads must be tarped or tied down, unsecured loads will be charged a $20 fee.
- Prohibited items: all liquids (including paint); batteries; hazardous, bio-hazardous, and radioactive waste.