Customers who will be impacted by planned outages due to construction or routine maintenance will receive advanced notification through a mailed letter. Additionally, if the planned outage will impact a large area, the City will also notify residents through social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, and Nextdoor.
Call (940) 349-7000 if you are reporting a utilities-related incident that requires immediate attention, such as a power outage, downed electrical poles or wires, a water main break, a clogged or overflowing sewer main, or a leaking water meter or hydrant.
To report a Denton Municipal Electric power outage, call Dispatch at (940) 349-7000.
Where to Find Power Outage Information & Updates:
- View the Power Outage Map below, or click here to view it in a new window.
- Power outage information is also posted on the Denton Municipal Electric Twitter page: @dmepower
- Text Alerts: DME customers can receive text alerts in the event of an power outage. To receive these alerts, please call Customer Service at (940) 349-8700 to sign up.
- In the event of large or long-lasting outages, the City will also post updates on social media such as Twitter and the City of Denton Facebook and Nextdoor accounts.
Power Outage Map:
Call (940) 349-7000 if you are reporting a utilities-related incident that requires immediate attention, such as a water main break, a clogged or overflowing sewer main, or a leaking water meter or hydrant.
Where to Find Water Outage Information & Updates:
- City of Denton Twitter account: Water outage announcements and updates are provided in real time on Twtter. You do not need a twitter account to view these updates.
- Nextdoor: Water outage notices are posted on the City of Denton Nextdoor account.
- Automated Phone Calls: The city will issue alerts through automated phone calls that provide notice that there is an outage and direct customers to sources for additional information.
- CodeRED: In the event of large or long-lasting outages, the City may also send text and email alerts through the CodeRED emergency notification system. To sign up for CodeRED, please visit www.cityofdenton.com/codered.