The Solid Waste and Recycling Department offers a variety of sizes and styles of containers for businesses for trash and recycling. Every owner, occupant, tenant, or lessee of any building, or structure must have adequate trash capacity on the premises with a minimum once a week collection provided by the City of Denton.
To set up service, change service level, schedule a pickup, request an extra empty, order temporary service, or for any additional questions call Customer Service at (940) 349-8700, or visit us in person at Customer Service, 601 E. Hickory St., Suite F., Denton, TX 76205. Hours of operation are Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
COMMERCIAL RECYCLING SERVICE
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE ACCEPTED IN THE CITY OF DENTON’S RECYCLING PROGRAM:
- Cardboard & Mixed Paper
- Aluminum and Steel cans
- Plastic #1-7
- Glass bottles
- Cartons and juice boxes (no pouches)
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS SHOULD NOT BE PLACED IN YOUR RECYCLING CART:
- Food scraps or liquids
- Soiled food boxes
- Food pouches
- Plastic Bags/Film
- Used paper towels/tissues
- Chain, wire, and hoses
If you are unsure if an item is recyclable in the City of Denton’s Recycling program call Customer Service at (940) 349-8700.
HOW TO RECYCLE ELECTRONICS
- Televisions, computers, and all other small household electronics and kitchen appliances are accepted for recycling at the City of Denton Landfill at 1527 S. Mayhill Rd. Televisions, computers, and other devices with a screen will have a handling fee per device. All other small household electronics and kitchen electronics will be accepted at no charge. Please erase all personal information before dropping off electronic items.
- Televisions and computer monitors can be collected curbside for recycling by calling Customer Service at (940) 349-8700. A collection and handling fee will apply per device.
COMMERCIAL TRASH SERVICE
Please bag your trash. Bagging trash helps to prevent litter during collection and transport, protects your container, and reduces blowing litter at the Landfill.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All liquids. Paint must be completely dry before placing in container.
- Items that contain hazardous, bio-hazardous, and radioactive materials.
- Appliances or other items that contain PCBs or CFCs. Appliances can be properly recycled by bringing them separately to the City of Denton Landfill at 1527 S. Mayhill Rd.
- Electronics, such as televisions and computers, should be properly recycled.
The minimum service level for trash and recycling is weekly.