The Mayor’s Summer Youth Jobs Program strives to provide meaningful job experiences for local high school students and recent high school graduates of Denton. Through the program, participants will have access to job skills training, career development resources, mentorship opportunities, and fulfilling work experience that will create opportunities for personal and professional advancement.
Youth are valued
Young people can be extremely valuable assets in the work place by providing significant contributions to the labor force and providing a different perspective.
Youth should be empowered
Providing summer jobs and mentorship to young people provides the necessary impetus to encourage positive personal and career advancement.
Opportunity for all
All young people should have access to the tools they need to succeed, regardless of their race, religion, socioeconomic status, or background.
The 2019 Mayor’s Summer Youth Jobs Program is an eight-week paid work program that provides participants with job experiences in various City departments.
City of Denton Program
In the City of Denton Program, participants are provided with eight weeks of paid job experience in a City department. Last year’s participants had jobs at the Linda McNatt Animal Care and Adoption Center, Engineering, Finance, Human Resources, Library, Parks, Fire, and Sustainability.
To learn more about the City of Denton Program, contact Stuart Birdseye at Stuart.Birdseye@cityofdenton.com or (940) 349-8009.
- Must be a Denton resident.
- Must be between the ages of 16 and 21 (some positions may have more specific age requirements). Must be enrolled in high school or graduating from high school in June 2019.
- Must be a legal resident of the United States.
- Must have a driver’s license or other government-issued photo identification.
- Must pass background check and/or drug screen (as required by individual employers).
The 2019 application for the Mayor’s Summer Youth Job Program application is now closed. Please check back next year for another opportunity.