HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
Office Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
Location: 601 E. Hickory St., Ste. A, Denton, TX 76205 The entrance to Human Resources is located on the west side of the City Hall East building, facing Railroad Avenue. Visitors may park in the parking lot adjacent to Railroad Avenue. Please note that Railroad Avenue is a southbound one-way street.
A few notes about the application process:
- It is important that your application show all relevant education and experience you possess. Applications may be rejected if they are incomplete or note "see resume."
- The City of Denton utilizes email as the primary form of notification throughout the selection process. Notices may be time sensitive and failure to respond may result in your application being removed from further consideration. After you apply, check your email for application notices.
- Applicants must satisfy all conditions of employment as outlined in the position announcement.
- Candidates selected for hire must pass a post-offer background check and drug screen prior to employment.
Check Application Status
- Click here and sign in to check your application status.
- Use the same username and password or email and password you originally used to apply for the position.
- Click on “My Jobpage” tab at the top of the page, to see each position for which you have applied and the current status.
If an application has been referred to the hiring manager, the system will provide no further updates except for correspondence to schedule an interview or for not being considered for the position. Candidates can reset their own password at the login screen. City staff and employees can assist in the retrieval of your username or password.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance options
- Basic Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Coverage options
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Workers’ Compensation
- Flex Spending Account
- Deferred Compensation
- Longevity Pay
- TMRS (Texas Municipal Retirement System)
- Direct Deposit
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Health Clinic
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Leave including: Vacation, Holiday, Sick, Death in Family, and Jury Duty.
Download more detailed information about benefits. Benefits for regular part-time employees (20 hours or more) are accrued on a prorated basis. For detailed explanation of all benefit programs, refer to the Personnel Policies and Procedures. If you have any questions regarding these benefits, please call (940) 349-8340, or come by the City of Denton, Human Resources Department, 601 E. Hickory St., Ste. A, Denton, TX 76205. For more information on any insurance benefits, contact Risk Management at (940) 349-7838.
Civil Service Information Local Government Code Chapter 143
The City of Denton became a Civil Service city under Chapter 143 of the Texas Local Government Code on August 10, 1948. The purpose of Chapter 143 is "to secure efficient fire and police departments composed of capable personnel who are free from political influence and who have permanent employment tenure as public servants." To help ensure this, the City follows:
- Classification and appointments including, but not limited to, eligibility requirements, examination notices and procedures for filling positions.
- Disciplinary actions,
- Leaves, and
- Miscellaneous provisions including, but not limited to, personnel files, strike prohibition, determination of physical and mental fitness, efficiency reports, etc
Frequently Asked Questions
VIEW ALL FAQs