Agendas • Minutes • Videos
Regular City Council meetings and work sessions are open to the public and agendas are posted 72 hours in advance of the meetings. The Council Chamber and the Council Work Session Room are located at City Hall, 215 E. McKinney St. in Denton.
Public Meeting Formats
Starting June 14, all City of Denton public meetings will be available in one of three formats: in-person, hybrid, or virtual. These meeting formats will remain in effect through Aug. 31, 2021, or revocation by Governor Abbott of the authority for local governments to hold virtual meetings. All public meetings will return to an in-person format beginning September 1, 2021.
See the dropdowns below for descriptions of the meeting formats and a list of which meetings will be held in each format.
The following boards, commissions, and committee meetings will return to being held in person with public access and viewing. Public comments can be made in-person using a comment card. These meetings will not be streamed digitally.
- Agenda Committee
- Airport Advisory Board
- Animal Shelter Advisory Committee
- Audit Finance Committee
- Bond Oversight Committee
- Civil Service Commission
- Committee on Community Engagement
- Committee on the Environment
- Community Development Advisory Committee
- Community Partnership Committee
- Council Airport Committee
- Council Appointee Performance Review Committee
- Development Code Review Committee
- Downtown Denton Tax Increment Financing Reinvestment Zone (TIRZ) No. 1 Board
- Health and Building Standards Commission
- Historic Landmark Commission
- Human Services Advisory Committee
- Library Board
- Parks, Recreation, and Beautification Board
- Public Art Committee
- Sustainability Framework Advisory Committee
- Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone (TIRZ) Number Two Board
- Traffic Safety Committee
The following boards, commissions, and committee meetings will continue to be held virtually. Public comments can be made over the phone during the meeting, or by completing a Virtual White Card prior to the meeting. Virtual meetings will continue to be broadcast live on DTV
, streamed digitally, and available on demand on the City of Denton website.
- Committee on Persons with Disabilities
- Economic Development Partnership Board (EDPB)
The following boards, commissions, and committee meetings will be held on both an in-person basis and allow for virtual participation. For hybrid meetings, public comments can be made in person, over the phone during the meeting, or by completing Virtual White Card prior to the meeting. Hybrid meetings will be broadcast live on DTV
, streamed digitally, and be available on demand on the City of Denton website.
- Board of Ethics
- City Council
- Mobility Committee
- Planning and Zoning Commission
- Public Utilities Board
- Zoning Board of Adjustments
Public Comment by Phone
Virtual and hybrid meeting formats will allow public comment by phone. For specific instructions for calling in to comment, please see the agenda for the applicable public meeting.
Online Public Comment Opportunities
Public Utilities Board, Oct. 25 - Click here to comment on the agenda.
City Council Meeting, Oct. 26 - Click here to comment on an agenda item.
If you have questions about options for public comment, contact the City Secretary at email@example.com, or (940) 349-8309.