Any member of the public is welcome to attend and address the City Council at a City Council meeting. Below are ways we invite the public to participate and engage in their local government.
Reports from members of the public shall be received on any topic not already on the agenda through the following 2 methods at regular meetings. A combined total of up to 7 speakers are permitted. Each will be alloted 4 minutes and called when it is time to speak.
- Register by noon the Thursday before the meeting by contacting the City Secretary’s Office at email@example.com, or (940) 349-8309.
2.) Open Microphone
- File a registration card, or “Blue Card”, with the City Secretary no earlier than 30 minutes before the scheduled start time of the meeting.
Comment on Consent Agenda Items
- Commentary is allowed during the Work Session portion of the meeting, prior to work session items by filing a registration card, or “Blue Card”, with the City Secretary before the meeting has started.
- Individulas are allotted 3 minutes and will be called when it is time to speak.
Comment on Individual Consideration Items
- File a registration card, or “Blue Card”, with the City Secretary before the item is called. Individuals wishing to address multiple items must fill out a separate Blue Card for each item.
- Individuals are allotted 3 minutes and will be called when it is time to speak.
- Individuals are encouraged, but not required to fill out a registration card, or “Blue Card”, with the City Secretary before the hearing.
- Individuals will be given 4 minutes to speak, but City Council may limit the time to 3 minutes if many speakers are expected to comment on an item.
- Applicants and their agents can speak for up to 10 minutes per speaker, with up to a total of 20 minutes for all speakers representing the applicant.
- Speakers who previously commented on an item will be given 2 minutes to make a single, final rebuttal after hearing the applicant’s rebuttal.
A copy of the full Rules of Procedure can be found under section 2-29 of the Code of Ordinances found here.
If you have questions, please contact the City Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (940) 349-8309.