The City of Denton is working closely with state and county health officials as we monitor the developing impacts of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
The Denton County Public Health Department
is the local public health authority and will share the most updated information: www.dentoncounty.gov/coronavirus.
Information hotline: (940) 349-2585 (available weekdays 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
United Way COVID-19 Relief & Recovery Fund
If you are having trouble paying your bills or are in danger of eviction or foreclosure due to income loss as a result of COVID-19, you may be eligible for rental, utility or mortgage assistance through the United Way of Denton County COVID-19 Relief & Recovery Fund. Visit www.UnitedWayDenton.org/COVIDrelief
to learn more.
STATE AND LOCAL ORDERS CURRENTLY IN EFFECT
The Denton City Council recently voted to extend the Declaration of Local Disaster for Public Health Emergency first executed on March 13. The Council also adopted a new Tenth Order of Council that supersedes all previous orders related to the pandemic. Both the declaration and the order will remain in effect until Thursday, Dec. 31.
Though not addressed in the Council’s new order, Texas Governor Greg Abbott has a number of statewide orders in place that also provide guidance and mandates for the Denton community.
What You Need to Know:
The City of Denton has compiled COVID-19 resources to assist the Denton community during this pandemic. Details and guidelines on for reopening businesses and services is found on the COVID-19 Business Guidelines
page. Our Business Resources
page provides numerous local, state and federal resources available to assist Denton businesses and employees impacted by the pandemic. Additionally, the City has partnered with United Way of Denton County to expand its Information and Referral program to individuals and businesses navigate and access these resources. Click here to learn more about the program
The Community Resources
page highlights a range of services provided by public sector, community, and economic development partners to help people in the service, event, arts and other industries who need access to critical services.
CITY Updates & Press Releases
To protect the health and safety of the community and our employees and help minimize the potential spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), the City of Denton has modified certain services. Updates on City of Denton operations during the pandemic can are available on the City Service and Program Updates
City Service FAQs
City Press Releases
- September 23, 2020- Denton City Council Extends Declaration of Disaster
- August 26, 2020- Denton City Council Extends Declaration of Disaster
- July 29, 2020- Denton City Council Extends Order Regarding Face Coverings
- July 5, 2020- City of Denton Updates Facility Openings
- June 26, 2020- Denton City Council Adopts Order Regarding Face Coverings
- May 29, 2020- City of Denton to Open Select Facilities June 1
- May 8, 2020- City Schedules Virtual Public Meetings for May 11, 12, and 14
- May 1, 2020- May 5 and 6 Public Meetings to Offer Virtual Public Commenting Options
- April 30, 2020- Denton City Council Extends Declaration of Disaster
- April 22, 2020- Governor Abbott Allows for Retail-To-Go Model
- April 21, 2020- City of Denton & United Way of Denton County Collaborate to Help Residents Access COVID-19 Resources
- April 8, 2020- Council Petitioning State to Consider Additional Housing Protections for Unemployed Residents
- April 7, 2020- Denton City Council to Hold April 7 Emergency Meeting
- April 7, 2020- Denton City Council Adopts New Declaration of Disaster Order
- April 6, 2020- Denton City Council to Hold April 6 Emergency Meeting
- April 1, 2020- City Extends Facility Closures and Suspension of Events and Programming
- March 31, 2020- Governor Abbott Issues New Executive Order for State of Texas
- March 27, 2020- March 31 Special-Called City Council Meeting to be Held Remotely
- March 25, 2020- Message from Mayor Chris Watts
- March 24, 2020- Denton County, City of Denton Issue “Stay at Home” Mandates
- March 20, 2020, 8 p.m.- City Council Amends Declaration of Disaster Order, Postpones General & Special Election to November
- March 20, 2020, 11 a.m.- Emergency City Council Meeting for March 20
- March 17, 2020, 9:45 p.m.- Denton City Council Extends Declaration of Local Disaster for COVID-19
- March 17, 2020, 4:30 p.m.- City Announces Additional Facility Closures
- March 17, 2020, 10:30 a.m.- COVID-19 Designated as Qualifying Event for Small Business Association Economic Injury Disaster Loan
- March 16, 2020- City Announces Council Meeting Procedures During Disaster Period
- March 15, 2020- Denton PD Announces Temporary Response Protocol
- March 13, 2020, 5:30 p.m.- Mayor Issues Declaration of Local Disaster for COVID-19
- March 13, 2020, 1 p.m.- City Implements Precautionary Measures to Reduce COVID-19 Risk
- March 12, 2020- COVID-19 Information: City of Denton Working Closely with State and County Health Officials
Please check this page regularly for updates.