The City of Denton is working closely with state and county health officials as we monitor the developing impacts of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
COVID-19 Information Hotline: (940) 349-2585 (available weekdays 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
Denton County COVID-19 Statistics
For vaccine information, visit the Denton County COVID-19 Vaccine Portal or call the hotline at (940) 349-2585.
Visiting City Facilities
On Aug. 24, 2021, the Denton City Council passed the Fourteenth Order of Council regarding face covering requirements. Masks are required in all City facilities.
United Way COVID-19 Crisis response
United Way of Denton County leveraged public and private sector relationships to procure over $11.5 million* in funding support in 2020 and continues to work collaboratively with local community leaders to ensure funding is coordinated to cover all COVID-related needs of our community, including rental assistance, food insecurity for children and adults, childcare, etc. Click here to learn more.
UNITED WAY EVICTION PREVENTION PROGRAM
On Tuesday March 2, Denton County Commissioner’s Court approved the Emergency Rental Assistance funding as a continuation of the United Way’s Eviction Prevention program. Through a variety of funding sources including CARES ACT, Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021, the Texas Emergency Rental Assistance Program, etc., the eviction prevention program operates to help Denton County residents avoid eviction and stay in their homes while also helping property managers and landlords avoid the eviction process. The Denton County nonprofit community is working collaboratively to help residents in need of rent and/or utility assistance.
Click here to learn more
CITY Updates & Press Releases
To protect the health and safety of the community and our employees and help minimize the potential spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), the City of Denton has modified certain services. Updates on City of Denton operations during the pandemic are available on the City Facility Reopening Schedule page
Please check this page regularly for updates.
City Press Releases
- March 17, 2021- Denton City Council Extends COVID-19 Declaration of Disaster and Order
- March 3, 2021- City Provides Update on Impact of GA-34 on Local Businesses, City Services
- December 18, 2020- Denton City Council Extends Declaration of Disaster
- December 3, 2020- Governor’s Order Requires Bars to Close and Other Businesses to Reduce Capacity to 50% in Denton
- September 23, 2020- Denton City Council Extends Declaration of Disaster
- August 26, 2020- Denton City Council Extends Declaration of Disaster
- July 29, 2020- Denton City Council Extends Order Regarding Face Coverings
- July 5, 2020- City of Denton Updates Facility Openings
- June 26, 2020- Denton City Council Adopts Order Regarding Face Coverings
- May 29, 2020- City of Denton to Open Select Facilities June 1
- May 8, 2020- City Schedules Virtual Public Meetings for May 11, 12, and 14
- May 1, 2020- May 5 and 6 Public Meetings to Offer Virtual Public Commenting Options
- April 30, 2020- Denton City Council Extends Declaration of Disaster
- April 22, 2020- Governor Abbott Allows for Retail-To-Go Model
- April 21, 2020- City of Denton & United Way of Denton County Collaborate to Help Residents Access COVID-19 Resources
- April 8, 2020- Council Petitioning State to Consider Additional Housing Protections for Unemployed Residents
- April 7, 2020- Denton City Council to Hold April 7 Emergency Meeting
- April 7, 2020- Denton City Council Adopts New Declaration of Disaster Order
- April 6, 2020- Denton City Council to Hold April 6 Emergency Meeting
- April 1, 2020- City Extends Facility Closures and Suspension of Events and Programming
- March 31, 2020- Governor Abbott Issues New Executive Order for State of Texas
- March 27, 2020- March 31 Special-Called City Council Meeting to be Held Remotely
- March 25, 2020- Message from Mayor Chris Watts
- March 24, 2020- Denton County, City of Denton Issue “Stay at Home” Mandates
- March 20, 2020, 8 p.m.- City Council Amends Declaration of Disaster Order, Postpones General & Special Election to November
- March 20, 2020, 11 a.m.- Emergency City Council Meeting for March 20
- March 17, 2020, 9:45 p.m.- Denton City Council Extends Declaration of Local Disaster for COVID-19
- March 17, 2020, 4:30 p.m.- City Announces Additional Facility Closures
- March 17, 2020, 10:30 a.m.- COVID-19 Designated as Qualifying Event for Small Business Association Economic Injury Disaster Loan
- March 16, 2020- City Announces Council Meeting Procedures During Disaster Period
- March 15, 2020- Denton PD Announces Temporary Response Protocol
- March 13, 2020, 5:30 p.m.- Mayor Issues Declaration of Local Disaster for COVID-19
- March 13, 2020, 1 p.m.- City Implements Precautionary Measures to Reduce COVID-19 Risk
- March 12, 2020- COVID-19 Information: City of Denton Working Closely with State and County Health Officials