Denton Plan 2030 is the long-range plan for our growth, development, and redevelopment. It is based on local conditions and trends and coordinates the efforts of many different aspects of a community, such as land use, transportation, community facilities, and natural resources. It:
- Utilizes strategic planning to set a course to manage growth, promote reinvestment, and improve quality of life for the next two decades
- Is inspired and motivated by the citizen values and aspirations expressed in the Community Vision Statement
- Addresses new challenges and opportunities, including the influence of gas wells, shifting demographics, changing lifestyle and housing preferences, the interface with two major universities, and the opportunity to encourage long-term sustainability
- Identifies a detailed Vision of what Denton should become by 2030 and proposes policies and actions that can be carried out in a rigorous implementation
- Provides a guide for Denton to retain its character, define its identity, improve the quality of life, and enhance the economy.
Since the 1999 Plan adoption, Denton has experienced tremendous growth. Denton and the DFW Metroplex will continue to lead the nation in growth in the coming decades, underscoring the need to put in place a framework that will ensure that the inevitable growth and change that will occur will strengthen the economy, enhance quality of life and livability, and positively affect the lives of the next generation.