Park, Playground, Community Garden, AND ORCHARD
18-acre, neighborhood park and community garden located at 2200 Bowling Green St.
- Playground and swing set
- Benches and picnic tables
- Community garden
- Small fruit orchard
Plots are allocted by Denton Parks and Rec at Denton Civic Center, located at 321 E.McKinney St. Signed community agreements and payment are required to reserve a plot.
Below are a few points outlined in the agreement:
- Plots are approximately 15’ x 15’ or 11’ x 13’
- $20 garden fee per plot, paid to the City of Denton Parks Department.
- Plots must be cleared by Nov. 30, 2017 to prepare plots for 2018.
- Plots are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Prior to planting, Denton Parks and Rec will plow and disk a garden site and each tenant is responsible for the fined soil work and addition of any soils or compost materials.
- Hand watering only, no sprinklers or timers allowed.
These are an Apricot/Plum hybrid that are more like an apricot than a plum. Has fresh taste of an apricot with the sweetness of a plum. There are also some native and paper shell pecans that were planted about 15 years ago in the north end of the park that bear fruit annually. Nuts typically fall after the first hard frost.
- Peaches; Red Globe and Harvester
- Pears; Moonglow and Orient
- Apples; Mollies Delicious and Gala
- Pomegranates; Spanish Sweet and Salavatski
- Plums; Methley and Bruce
- Aprium; Flavor Delight
Please note the fruit trees won’t bear fruit for 3-5 years and won’t produce a full crop for 5-7 years. But when they do, help yourself!