Four Propositions Will Be on Nov. 5, 2019 Ballot
DENTON, TX, Aug. 15, 2019
– On Aug. 13, 2019, the City of Denton City Council adopted an ordinance calling for a bond election to be held on Nov. 5, 2019. The ordinance is the culmination of a months-long bond program development process involving the City Council and members of the public. After receiving information and presentations from staff throughout April, the City Council adopted a resolution establishing a Special Citizens’ Bond Advisory Committee to evaluate the City’s facilities and infrastructure, potential projects and propositions for inclusion in a proposed bond program. The 18-member committee of Denton residents held eight meetings from May 30 through June 27, during which the public was invited to submit feedback to the committee. The City Council received the committee’s bond program recommendation at its Aug. 1 meeting.
The propositions included in the 2019 bond election are to issue debt for the following:
- Proposition A: $154,000,000 for constructing, reconstructing, restructuring and extending streets, roadways, bridges, overpasses, pedestrianways, sidewalks, landscaping, streetscapes, collectors, storm drains, signalization, signage, other traffic and signal controls, traffic control and transportation facilities, street lighting and median improvements (including the reconstruction, restructuring and extension of Bonnie Brae Street, Hickory Creek Road and Ryan Road)
- Proposition B: $61,900,000 for constructing, reconstructing, renovating, improving, expanding, equipping and furnishing public safety facilities for the police department
- Proposition C: $5,000,000 for the acquisition of land and interests in land for parks
- Proposition D: $619,000 for acquiring, constructing and installing public art within the City.
The Tuesday, Nov. 5, 2019 bond election will be held from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., with an early voting period to be held at various times from Oct. 21 through Nov. 1. During the election, voters will cast a ballot “FOR” or “AGAINST” each proposition separately.
Contact: Ryan Adams, (940) 349-8565, Ryan.Adams@cityofdenton.com