Our mission is to inspire teens from all backgrounds to become active members of their community and make a difference. Our goal is to show teens new perspectives on their role in the community and youth-related issues through research, peer discussions, and community interactions.
Click HERE to apply now. Deadline to apply is Sept. 18, 2019.
Benefits of Teen Council:
- Ages 13-18 years old and/or grades 8-12 during the 2019-2020 school year
- Open to students residing in the City of Denton and/or in the DISD
- Must be able to attend meetings from October 2019 to May 2020; second and fourth Tuesday of each month, excluding DISD holidays
Application and Parental Consent:
- Represent your community
- Obtain insight on how community issues and concerns are addressed
- Gain opportunities and experience leading different projects
- Leave a footprint for others to follow
Annual Schedule and Expectations
- Application can be submitted online or via hardcopy
- Includes and requires consent via an annual participation waiver
- Includes parent consent for occasional event transportation, as needed
- Include marketing/outreach photo and social media release
Teen Council Structure:
- Second and Fourth Tuesday of each month
- Executive meeting, 5:30-6 p.m. and regular meeting, 6-7 p.m.
- Meeting dates: TBA
- Tentative dates for community service, fundraising, and event opportunities will be discussed in the first the month
- Teen Council will be led by Jennifer Eusse, Rec Supervisor
- Teen Council will be comprised of middle School and high school teens
- Teen Council will include an opportunity for members to volunteer to serve in an executive role, including but not limited to president, vice-president, secretary, photo journalists, social media editors and contributors