Large household items that are not suitable for donation and will not fit into your green trash cart can be collected curbside. Up to four large household items are collected per year at no additional charge. For bulky item pick-up, call Customer Service at (940) 349-8080 at least one day prior to your collection day to schedule.
If you don't wish to schedule a large item pick-up, large items can also be taken to ECO-W.E.R.C.S. Resource Recovery Park for recycling; fees will apply. Large household items include:
- Furniture such as sofas, love seats, and tables that are not suitable for donation or reuse.
- Appliances such as refrigerators and freezers, dishwashers, washers and dryers, stoves, microwaves, air-conditioning units, and water heaters. Metals and components from the appliances are recycled or reused.
- A removal fee of $20 will apply to all appliances containing PCBs or refrigerants, such as refrigerators, air conditioners, and water coolers. Refrigerants are disposed of properly at a permitted disposal facility.
- Construction and demolition waste* such as lumber, brick, fencing, drywall, carpet, and fixtures.
- Other household items* include home furnishings and items that will not fit in the green trash cart, and not categorized above, will be considered extra trash.
*Fees apply to construction and demolition waste and other household items that don't fit inside the trash cart.