The Warschun Road improvement project enhances traffic safety for the area surrounding the FM-428 and Warschun Road intersection, including a turn lane to allow safer navigation onto FM-428 and drainage improvements.
The Warschun Road virtual community meeting is now available for community members to view. To view the meeting, click HERE
. The meeting presentation is also available under the helpful resources section of this project page.
The City of Denton will hold a virtual Community Meeting on Wednesday, Oct. 21
, regarding traffic safety enhancements at the intersection of Warschun Road and FM 428/E. Sherman Drive.
The City will host the virtual community meeting to provide residents and property owners the opportunity to:
• Receive an update on initial traffic safety enhancements at the intersection of Warschun Road and FM 428,
• Discuss additional proposed traffic safety enhancements and long-term project plans at the intersection of Warschun Road and FM 428, and
• Additional concerns from community members.
Staff from the City of Denton will be available to discuss the project and answer questions from those participating in the virtual meeting. The meeting will be hosted online using a remote format through the video-conferencing interface Zoom. Instructions on how to attend and participate in the virtual meeting is listed below. For more details on virtual community meetings, visit www.cityofdenton.com/virtualcommunitymeeting.
The upcoming phase of the project includes gathering additional community input on the potential traffic safety enhancements for the Warschun Road project. The options currently under consideration include:
- Option 1: The addition of a right-hand turn lane at the intersection and addressing areas where the rumble strip is currently in active lanes of traffic.
- Option 2: The design, construction, and ultimate re-opening of Warschun Road from Sauls Road to FM-428, which is currently closed to traffic.
- Option 3: The combination of Option 1 and Option 2.
Prior to proceeding with any of the options described above, City of Denton staff is interested in receiving feedback from residents most impacted by this project through a feedback survey. A printed copy of the feedback survey and return envelope is included in this letter. All online responses and mailed surveys must be submitted and postmarked before the survey closes on Friday, Dec. 11
Your feedback is very important to us and we look forward to hearing from you. All feedback received from the project survey will be carefully considered and incorporated into the City’s final determination to address the safety of FM-428 and Warschun Road.