The Internal Audit Department’s reporting relationship was established by City Charter Section 6.04 and this department is the City’s independent appraisal function. The Internal Audit Department serves the public interest by providing independent and objective audits, reviews, and assessment. The Department promotes accountability throughout the City.
The Department ensures:
- The city is applying its resources effectively, efficiently, and economically
- The city is in compliance with laws, regulations, and policies and procedures
- The city has adequate safeguards over its assets
- The city has appropriate revenue management in place
- The city’s financial and operational information is reliable
The Department accomplishes its mission by carrying out an annual audit plan that utilizes risk analysis to review critical areas of operations. The Department is committed to adding value at every opportunity.