[Skip to page content]
City of Denton logo stacked
X icon
Home > Residents > Getting Around Denton > Streets and Construction

Streets and Construction

Crews from the Streets, Water, and Wastewater departments are hard at work repairing Denton’s streets. Use the interactive map below to find out which streets are currently under construction, as well as which ones are planned to be repaired or have been recently repaired. 


Major Streets Currently Under Construction
Boliver - April 5 - Oct. 24
Hickory St. May 1 - Nov. 1

Please note, construction end dates are an estimate. Weather, equipment breakdowns, or other unforeseen problems could cause this schedule to change.

Service Request

To request repairs for pothole, curb, gutter, or sidewalks maintained by the City of Denton, call (940) 349-7160.

For questions regarding street construction on City-maintained roads, or to speak to the Street Department Manager, call (940) 349-7146 between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., Monday-Friday.

For County-maintained roads, contact the Denton County Road and Bridge Department at (940) 349-3430.

The Street Department manages repair and maintenance of existing sidewalks, in addition to fixing potholes, curb repair, road construction, and preventative maintenance.

The Engineering Services Department administers the design, development, and construction of new sidewalks in the public right-of-way. Additionally, new development is required to build sidewalks as part of the Denton Development Code.

How are sidewalk repairs funded?
The Street Department has an annual budget of $1 million to fund sidewalk repair, curb and gutter, and address Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requests. The department works on a call-in complaint process. Sidewalk requests are evaluated by staff for urgency and status and then a plan of action is established.

Driveways are the responsibility of home and business owners.

Who is responsible for maintaining the sidewalk in front of my home or business?
According to the City code, the City is responsible to fix/repair sidewalks in front of residential properties, assuming the location fits the criteria for repair. Non-residential properties are not included. Read the City code here

To report a sidewalk issue, pothole, or curb repair, fill out this form.