Partner with the City of Denton and Keep Denton Beautiful, Inc. to increase the value of your property and improve the livability of our city with tree planting! The Tree Rebate Program is one of six programs under the Denton Tree Initiative, a citywide campaign with the goal of planting 12,000 new trees by 2019. Rebates for planting trees are available to City utility customers when planting a qualifying native or adapted tree species within city limits.
How the Tree Rebate Program Works
- Purchase up to five qualifying trees between Sept. 1, 2016 and May 1, 2017. Each tree must be at least five gallons in size and cost a minimum of $50, including any taxes.
- Complete your application online or by mail. Attach a copy of your paid invoice or receipt, indicating the date of purchase, supplier name and address, size of the tree(s), and total price of the tree(s).
- Submit or mail your completed application. Applications must be postmarked or submitted electronically by May 15, 2017.
- Plant your tree within 15 days of purchase
- Plant on a property owned by you. If you do not own the property, you must obtain consent from the owner prior to planting. Trees must be planted within the Denton city limits.
- Plant at least 10 feet away from the foundation of any buildings.
- Do not plant within utility easements. If the tree(s) is expected to exceed a maximum height of 25 feet when fully grown, plant at least 20 feet away from overhead utility lines.
- Do not plant in a location that will obstruct any line of sight for traffic.
- Look for your refund of $50 per qualifying tree on your City of Denton Utility Service statement within 10 weeks or less.
Deadlines and Restrictions for Planting Trees
The application period is Sept. 1, 2016 to May 1, 2017, or until funds are expended. Applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis. Rebates will not be applied to trees planted as part of a City of Denton landscape plan, or tree preservation/mitigation requirement.
Frequently Asked Questions
VIEW ALL FAQs