Unused chemicals, expired batteries, and burned-out light bulbs need to be disposed of properly to avoid contaminating our water supplies and landfills.
All Denton residents can receive at-home collection by calling (940) 349-8080 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. to schedule a collection. Items collected will be reused, recycled, or properly disposed. To collect your unwanted chemicals, make a detailed list of each item, quantity, and the container size, then call to schedule pickup.
- Chemicals must be in their original labeled containers, except used motor oil and cooking oil.
- Collect oil in a container with a screw-top lid.
- Container size limit of 10 gallons (liquid) or 50 pounds (dry weight) per collection.
- For sized small containers, items must fit into a box no larger than 20" x 14" x 14" in size.
- Please note that chemicals set out without calling, will NOT be collected.
Items accepted include:
- Used motor oil and used cooking oil (screw top lid)
- Batteries of all kinds
- Paint of all kinds
- Lightbulbs of all kinds
- Household cleaners
- Aerosol cans
- Automotive fluids and fuels
- Lawn and garden items including fertilizer, pesticides and weed killers
- Pool chemicals and additives
- Vanishes, strippers, turpentine and stains
- Glues and epoxies
Items NOT accepted include:
- Ammunition and explosives
- Commercial waste
- Chemicals not in original containers
- Medical waste
- Nuclear/radioactive waste
- Propane and butane cylinders
- Tires and trash
- Unidentified chemicals
- Compressed gas